The importance of videos in 2021 - A list of interesting stats
Video is powerful.
The top 4 downloaded apps in the year 2020 were all about videos. They were Zoom, TikTok, Dinsey and YouTube. This blog is not about building a case for videos, we are way past that mark.
Here are 15 interesting facts about the world of videos that will help you understand the scale at which videos are proliferating
- Global Reasons for Using the Internet – 51% use the internet to consume videos.
- Youtube.Com had 20 billion visits.
- 68 % of customers want to learn about new product from a short video compared to only 15% from text-based articles.
- 80% of consumers went on to buy software or an application after they watched a video about it.
- 96% of consumers claim they have increased the time they spent watching videos.
- 94% report watching explainer videos to learn more about a product.
- Video ads now account for more than half of Twitter’s ad revenue.
- By 2022, 82% of all internet traffic will be comprised of video views that’s 15 times higher than what it was in 2017.
- 49% of people watch a minimum of five videos every day.
- 81% of marketers credit video with helping them generate leads.
- Almost 5 Billion hours of videos are watched every day on YouTube.
- 87% of Gen Z prefers branded videos or ads that show someone talking about a product.
- 82% would rather watch live video than read social media posts.
- 55% of consumers use videos for purchase decisions.
- At least 88% of marketers are satisfied with their return on investment from video.
With an enabling eco system, videos have become ubiquitous in the online world.
And they are only going to become more central.
The advent of 5g, higher bandwidth, more people getting on to smartphones, the environment to produce, distribute and consume videos is growing.
However, like all things merely shifting to a video-oriented marketing practice is not going to help. One needs to apply specific principles that are key to a successful video strategy and execution.
To know more how this can be achieved give us a shout – email@example.com