Video Ads on LinkedIn: A Must for Elevated Marketing and Advertising
In order to take your LinkedIn marketing and advertising to the next level, video ads should be at the forefront of your strategy. With video consumption on LinkedIn growing rapidly, many brands are finding success with this format.
Here's why you can't ignore it:
- More than half of LinkedIn members engage with videos in their feeds daily.
- Users spend three times more time on videos compared to static content.
- Brands see six times more engagement with LinkedIn Live, a video format.
- Video content gets 30% more comments than non-video content.
What can video ads do for your brand on LinkedIn?
- Boost brand awareness and loyalty by showcasing your brand story and connecting with your audience.
- Deepen relationships with professionals by inspiring action through engaging video advertising.
- Measure the impact of your video campaigns by tracking performance and understanding audience engagement.
How to get started with video ads on LinkedIn
1. Choose your campaign: Run LinkedIn Video Ads to drive growth at every stage of the sales cycle. Choose from Sponsored Content to promote video content on your LinkedIn Page, Direct Sponsored Content to personalize or test video advertising for specific audiences, and tailor your campaigns to build brand awareness, drive consideration, or generate conversions.
2. Create Video Ads that meet your objectives: Choose from a variety of design and placement options to build custom Video Ads that cater to your target audience. Create 4-5 ads in your campaign to optimize for the highest performance, and add Lead Gen Forms to your Sponsored Content Ads to collect leads.
To get your creative content to give you the best output ensure that you follow the expected technical format. Here is a guide recommended by Linkedin.
Video File Type: MP4
Video Sound Format: AAC or MPEG4
Recommended frame rate: 30 frames per second
Custom Thumbnail: Optional but recommended
4:5 (vertical, 0.8)
9:16 (vertical; 0.57)
16:9 (landscape; 1.78)
1:1 (square; 1.0)
Ad name (optional): 255 characters
Headline: 70 characters
Introductory text: 150 characters
Video File Size: 75 KB (min) - 200 MB (max)
Video Duration: 3 seconds - 30 minutes
Video Captions (optional): Video sound file size less than 64 KHz
Minimum width: 360 pixels
Maximum width: 1920 pixels
Minimum height: 360 pixels
Maximum height: 1920 pixels
Minimum aspect ratio: 9:16 (0.563)
Maximum aspect ratio: 16:9 (1.778)
Call To Action Options
Animated Gif depicting Video Ads on LinkedIn
Min 360 x 450 pixels
Max 1536 x 1920 pixels
Min 360 x 640 pixels
Max 1080 x 1920 pixels
Min 640 x 360 pixels
Max 1920 x 1080 pixels
Min 360 x 360 pixels
Max 1920 x 1920 pixels
Aspect ratio tolerance: 5%
Video Thumbnail File Format: JPG or PNG
Video Thumbnail Max File Size: 2 MB Video
Thumbnail Aspect Ratio & Resolution: Match video
Landing page URL: Required
URL prefix: http:// or https://
URL characters: 2000 characters for destination field URL
Video advertisements on LinkedIn can greatly enhance your marketing and advertising campaigns. By utilizing video content in your LinkedIn approach, you can improve brand recognition, foster connections with industry professionals, and track the success of your advertising initiatives. Start using video in your LinkedIn strategy now write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org