Videos in 2023
Videos have emerged as one of the strongest elements of the content mix. The last couple of years has seen a large-scale proliferation of videos in marketing.
Videos are desirable and social media has worked to create the right platforms that ensure the dissemination of video content.
As the year comes to an end, let us take a stalk at how things were for video in 2022 and what comes ahead in the new year.
The year that was
2022 saw a boom in video content across the B2C, B2B, and user-generated content space. Here are some important stats that provide a picture of videos in 2022 as we approach the new year.
- According to a survey by Wyzowl, 83% of businesses say that video has helped them increase the understanding of their product or service.
- Video is more effective at retaining attention than other types of content: according to a study by Hubspot, people are about ten times more likely to engage with video content than text-based content.
- Video is also more likely to be shared on social media: a study by Animoto found that video content is shared 1200% more times than links and text combined.
- Video can also help with search engine optimization (SEO). A study by Moz found that websites with video are 53 times more likely to rank on the first page of Google search results.
- Video can also drive conversions and sales. According to a study by Vidyard, using video on landing pages can increase conversions by up to 80%.
These statistics highlight the effectiveness of video as a marketing tool and the potential it has to help businesses reach and engage their audience.
Videos in 2023
Video marketing is definitely a topic that marketers are planning for in 2023. However, videos will also play an important role in enabling some of the other evolution points in marketing for the new year.
Themes like Artificial intelligence, Omnichannel Marketing, Personalization, and Interactive Content will all find videos playing an important role.
Areas marketers need to consider with videos in 2023
Here are some themes that we believe shall dominate video marketing. These ideas are based on the trajectory of consumer preferences, the state of technology, media platforms, and initial growing interest.
As technology advances, it will become increasingly easy to personalize video content for individual viewers. This could involve using data about a viewer's interests and behaviors to tailor the content of a video, or using AI to create personalized video content on the fly.
Interactive video formats, such as quizzes and polls, are likely to become more popular as they allow brands to engage with their audience more effectively.
Live video has already become a popular way for brands to connect with their audience in real-time, and this trend is likely to continue in the future. Live video allows brands to show their personality and authenticity and to respond to comments and questions in real-time.
Short-form video content, such as videos on TikTok and Instagram Reels, has recently exploded in popularity. These types of videos are likely to continue to be a key part of video marketing strategies, particularly for reaching younger audiences.
As more and more businesses create video content, optimizing that content for search engines will become increasingly important. This could involve optimizing the titles and descriptions of videos and using closed captions and transcripts to make videos more accessible to search engines.
Overall, the future of video marketing is likely to involve a combination of these trends and the continued evolution of technology and audience preferences.
So if you are planning to get your video strategy going in 2023 and deliver the right video content, connect with us email@example.com.